Server for SAP
Spreadsheet Server, Powered by the QueryExchange™, opens up the
power of Excel…
This Microsoft Excel Add-In provides live and dynamic SAP reporting and
analysis from the SAP ERP into Excel. Your organization's users have
complete control over the design and content of your SAP Excel reports
from SAP modules, including FI, CO, PCA, SD, MM, PP, QM, PM, HR, PS, New
GL, and Special Purpose Ledgers. Users can create dynamic dashboard views from SAP.
These views can be accessed, automated and presented with our formula driven
methodology, including summary balances and detailed drill-downs.
In addition, the cloud-based QueryExchange™ gives customers the ability to select
from pre-built queries and tailor them to meet their specific needs. Utilized in the QueryExchange™, the SmartPak™ feature is way to group pre-configured queries together. Searching by selecting a SmartPak™ gives users a quick and reliable way to access a group of dedicated pre-defined queries.
The Query Designer allows users to build dashboard views from any transactional database
or any SAP ERP application to be accessed, automated and presented with
our formula driven methodology.
Spreadsheet Server is an SAP certified integration solution and uses
company level security as defined in your SAP application. Security is
controlled and administered using components provided by SAP GUI using custom
RFC access. The setup is held in a separate environment to avoid conflict with
other custom or SAP supplied objects.
Spreadsheet Server is an Excel-based SAP reporting tool
that provides the
- Quick-Start single installation for SAP users
- Dramatically reduce number of days to close your books
- Leverage existing Excel knowledge and write reports from SAP within minutes
- No more downloading or re-keying/exporting of SAP balance or transaction level
- More timely report running and full drill-down capability within specific SAP
modules such as FI, CO, PCA, SD, MM, PP, QM, PM, HR, PS, New GL, and Special Purpose
- Increase efficiency and timeliness of your budgeting process in SAP
- No staging areas or data warehousing needed
- Spreadsheet Server is compatible with the current released HANA
- Excel 2010 & 2013 64-bit support
Features of Spreadsheet Server for SAP include:
(Click on an image for an enlarged view)
Ability to publish any report from executive-quality to fully
customizable ad hoc SAP reports within Excel
Balance sheets, income statements, P & L, and more…
Drill down from within Excel, to ′ live′ SAP GL Balances and more
Ledger and sub-ledger level
Automate distribution of SAP Excel Reporting with
Automatic report delivery in Excel, PDF formats
Use the QueryExchange™ to share pre-configured queries specifically for SAP
- 1. Does Spreadsheet Server require a Server? Will I need a data warehouse for Spreadsheet Server?
- No, there is no data warehouse or additional hardware required.
- 2. Do I need training? How long is training?
- Yes, if users are familiar with Excel, they will need minimal training to use Spreadsheet Server. No programming or query knowledge is necessary. Users simply utilize the standard Excel spreadsheet capabilities supplemented with simple cell formulas to gain access to their dynamic financial information.
- 3. Can I do reporting beyond the GL?
- Yes, please inquire about our ad hoc capabilities and other components in our Excel Automation Roadmap (i.e. EDASH, Enterprise Budgeting, etc).
- 4. Is this a Business Intelligence tool? What if I already have a BI tool?
- Spreadsheet Server is not a BI tool, but is a compliment to the leading BI tools (i.e. Cognos,Business Objects, Hyperion, etc). In fact, over 83% of Global Software Inc.'s 4,000+ clients in 40 countries use a leading BI tool in conjunction with Global Software's Excel automation tools.
- 5. Where do I find which versions of my ERP are supported?
- We support most worldwide ERP systems, but you may contact us directly here regarding your specific needs.
- 6. What is the difference between this tool and my current reporting strategy?
- Every reporting environment is different, however most prospective users we encounter are either using a data warehouse that reflects yesterday's data, manually rekeying data or have an IT maintain the current reporting environment exclusively. With our application(s) users are empowered to be self-sufficient while accessing 'live' data in a secure environment.
- 7. I've invested significant time in my current reporting strategy, will I lose reports I have already created?
- No, Spreadsheet Server is compatible with any Excel reports already developed.
|Windows XP SP3
||Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
||Excel 2010 (32-bit ONLY)
|IBM iSeries Access for Windows V5R1*
||IBM iSeries Access for Windows V5R2 or higher
|Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
|Oracle EBS R11****
||Oracle EBS R12****
||JDE EnterpriseOne 9*****
|SAP R3 4.7 or higher**
||SAP R3 Netweaver 7.0/ECC6***
- * if using the iSeries
- ** if using SAP classic ledgers (FI,CO,PCA)
- *** if using Spreadsheet Server Query Designer, NewGL, Designer GL's or custom Queries against SAP
- **** if using Oracle EBS
- ***** if using JD Edwards ERP
For all Spreadsheet Server installations knowledge of the Database host name or IP address, the Database/Library/SID or Catalog where the Data resides, as well as a Username and Password on the database system will be needed.